It's that time of year! RECITAL IS HERE!!!!! EEPPPPP!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!! My recital is tomorrow :) I can't wait!
I've been waiting for this dance ever since school resumed in August 2012 :) Its the time where all the dancers (from 3 to 55(there are some moms that take classes at my studio)) get to showcase what they've been working on the entire dance year :) I'm really excited for mine and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my costume! It's absolutely adorably! I don't have a picture of it but I can try and describe it. It's like a bluish-green dress (I thinks its teal) and it's beaded at the bodice. It's similar to high low dress, and its shredded at the skirt, so it's shorter in the front and longer in the back, and there are little booty shorts underneath! It's really pretty :) I wish I could show it to you guys.
I'm going to be so busy in the morning, because we have to arrive early at the theater we are performing at because we are combining our dress rehearsal and our last technical rehearsal together the morning of the recital, so we can go over where we need to be :). I'm really nervous though because this is my first year doing dance, and I don't know what to expect. I mean, I've done dance performances before when I used to dance at my elementary school, but its been a while since I've done anything like this.
I'm praying to God that everything runs smoothly! I don't want to be the one in my dance to mess everything up. I took Teen Contemporary this year :) and I love the class so much and I love my teacher! Our music is really creepy though. It sounds like something that should be played in a haunted house.
All the dancers at my studio are really talented :) I get jealous of some them because they can stand in releve for a really long time, or do 10 fouettes in a row, or can whack their leg so high, they hit their heads while doing it. I try not because I know I will be there in a couple of years- I just need perservance, dedication and put hard work into every dance class I take from here on out.
OH one more thing! All dancers want to achieve the perfect ballerina bun! I've been looking up tutorials, videos, and articles on how to correctly do a ballerina bun, and some have been helpful and some others mehh. Its hard because of my hair! I have thin hair, which makes it difficult when I put my hair in a bun or ponytail to have more volume. I thought if I tried Hot Buns it would work, but when I read most articles, they said Hot Buns aren't good for ballet dancers because they don't secure the hair well and you can easily tell when someone is using one. I'm not really sure; I'm new to some of this stuff, so to those who have been doing dance a little bit longer than me, or know A LOT about hair, please help me! PLEASE1
I want to know your guys's opinions. What do you think the PERFECT ballerina bun looks like, and tips you would like to share with me? Is it good to use Hot Buns? Please leave your comments! Thank
~ATB~
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from my followers :) I hope you guys enjoy this blog! Please prohibit from using foul or inappropriate language :) Love to all my ballerinas!